March 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite YA Contemporary Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hey guys! I'm sorry my mind is still in contemporary mode. I can't read anything else, and I don't even know why. But anything remotely fantasy or paranormal or dystopian makes me explode. I therefore couldn't make a list for anything but contemporary.


Panic by Lauren Oliver - I read this as an ARC and loved it. It's different from Lauren Oliver's other books, and in a good way. It was just released last week as well!  {Review}      

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - I've stressed my love for Rainbow Rowell and her books plenty on here, but I feel the need to keep doing it. Her books are just SO GOOD. {Review

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - See above. :) {Review}


The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - I read this a while back, and if I remember correctly, cried buckets of tears. If you like contemporary, you'll like this. You'll like it even if you don't like contemporary.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - Do I really need to explain this one? I feel like everyone has pretty much read it by now. If you haven't, I don't know what you've been doing all this time.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- I read this last summer (it's a summer type of book) and it was so sweet. It wasn't even that light. The novel had a nice balance between realistic and fluff.


Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - I've stressed before about how awesome this author is as well. Her debut novel, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, was also really well-written. {Review}     

The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider - I finished reading this...last week? A week and a half ago? Recently. I wrote a slightly long review, as well. It reminded me so much of John Green's books, and I loved it. {Review}

How to Love by Katie Cotugno - I literally just finished this book yesterday, and I loved it so much words can't even explain. There were a few minor details that bothered me, but other than that it was nearly flawless.

There are only nine books on this list, but I wanted to pick the very best! I'm sure even if contemporary isn't your favorite genre, you'd still like these books. Anyway, I'll see you soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. I nearly did contemporary, but at the last second I switched to dystopian. ;) I loooove contemporaries. They're amazing! And they usually break your heart and crush your soul. I'm about to read Fangirl and honestly? I'm soo excited. My sister just finished it and loved it. I wasn't such a fan of Panic, but I'd love to try The Beginning of Everything!

    ReplyDelete