March 22, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #25


Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

Long story short, I bought and borrowed a lot of books this week. A lot. Like, the total comes out to thirteen. Eight I bought, five I checked out from the library. Oops. I may or  may not have gotten carried away. Sooo, because this would be an extremely long haul if I included every single one, I'm going to show you the books I bought and leave the library books for next week. :)

Bought





Let the Storm Break (Let the Sky Fall #2) by Shannon Messenger
Unbreakable (The Legion #1) by Kami Garcia
Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
Racing Savannah (Hundred Oaks #4) by Miranda Kenneally 
Love, Stargirl (Stargirl #2) by Jerry Spinelli
Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School #1) by Gail Carriger
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
The Host by Stephenie Meyer

So. Lots of books. I've already read Moonglass, and I'll have a review of it up soon. I'm currently reading Racing Savannah and am in love with it. I recently finished Stealing Parker, which I also adored. (I know, I know, I'm reading them totally out of order. But I can't seem to find the first book,  Catching Jordan, anywhere, and since they're companion novels I can get away with it). I bought The Raven Boys because I like the Shiver trilogy and should probably read more of Maggie Stiefvater's books. And The Host? I didn't give Twilight a chance, but this sounded a little  better. 

I'll be back next week with all the books I checked out from the library!

P.S. Sorry for the absence of anything but reviews this past week. I was still traveling and more in a reading mood than I blogging one. :P

10 comments:

  1. I LOVED The Host and Racing Savannah! I was reading The Host at work and I had to stop and finish it at home because it made me cry so much LOL Enjoy!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Host yet, but I just finished Racing Savannah and really liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. I bought the Host a few weeks ago! I'm looking forward to it, buuuut the size sorts of scares me. I mean, gosh, it's over 600 pages isn't it? I go a bit crazy when I go into a library too. It's just...soo many books and they all call my name and I must answer them and take them home aaaand...yeah. My TBRs are usually dauntingly huge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I think that's probably why I'm procrastinating about it a bit. And I'm with you there - my TBR pile always manages to get bigger, not smaller, no matter how many books I read.

      Delete
  3. Let the Storm Break!!! I need to get that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul. I have Let the Storm Break but first I need to get my hands on book one! I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book was great! I'm excited to read Let the Storm Break.

      Delete
  5. I was just looking at Etiquette and Espionage yesterday online...it looks so awesome! Enjoy! Happy Reading! Here's my STS if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I just read The Raven Boys! It's such an amazing book really but it gets kind of confusing in the beginning because of her writing style. It's so different for me, so urban and dark. new follower here! Great STS :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete