February 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday 2.18.14: Reasons I Love Being a Reader and Blogger

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hi! Sorry I was absent this week. I didn't buy any books last week, so there was nothing to write for Saturday, and I wasn't in much of a discussion mood on Sunday.

The good news is that I'm back, and today's topic IS sort of like a discussion, so that's good. :) As you can tell by the title, it's top ten reasons I love being a reader and blogger. I'm going to do about five reads I love being a reader and five reasons I love being a blogger, though the numbers might get skewed a little bit.

Reader

1) I love being a reader because it takes me to a place I've never been before even though I don't leave the couch/bed/wherever else comfy I decide to read. 

2) I can learn a lot about people through books. There are so many different characters, and (if they're written well) they each have their own personalities and quirks that are displayed throughout the story. We get to see how they react to certain situations and how they deal with conflict in their life.

3) Feels. Even if they're really emotional or sad or overly exciting, feels are the best. Especially because you're feeling things for people who (dare I say it?) don't exist. It seems like such an amazing act of empathy, just the fact that we as human beings can sympathize with people who are alive only in our minds.

4) Books are such great escapes. Let's face it - sometimes we need to get our minds off of things. What better way to do that than to not be in our minds at all, but rather someone else's?

5) Words. I have this sort of fascination with them, especially if there is a certain gorgeous passage of descriptions or I'm reading unique words I've never heard of before. It's something I can't explain unless you have that same fascination. Then you know what I'm talking about. :)

Blogger

1) The people! I've met nothing but friendly, awesome people through blogging. And better yet, they love books just as much as I do. Which brings me to the next one...

2) Being able to talk about books with other people. Not just books, but books you really like. Sharing the same feelings over books, or even discussing something sort of boring, like main plot points. It's the best part, I think.

3) Getting the chance to recommend a book to someone. As a bonus, having them read and love it as well.

4) Being able to meet and talk to authors, especially ones whose books I've read. Especially because they're all so nice. It's always hard for me to actually grasp the fact that I'm talking to the person who wrote a book I really love.

5) Finally, simply the fact that it makes me happy. I love to be able to come here and talk about all the things that go through my head, whether it's about books or just something random.

Those are my top ten reasons I love being a reader and blogger! What about you? If you're not a blogger, what do you like about reading?

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you about Feels - that's the #1 reason I read!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE FEELS ARE THE BEST. Apart from when they're destroying you, of course, which is totally normal. I'm...I'm...AFKSJL;JDSF most of the time. XD Escapism is a big thing for me, too, and living so many different lives! Here's my TTT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when they're destroying me I love them. I can't get over the fact that I can get so affected by people who don't exist.

      Delete
  3. Books are great escapes, I totally agree! And I love being able to talk books to people who "get" them :)
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too! Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete