February 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday 2.11.14: Books That Will Make You Swoon

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hey guys. :) I adore this topic. Sooo many books, especially a few I've read recently, are perfect for this. Such as...


Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - Levi. Is there anything else I can possibly say?

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - So I finally got around to reading this! I don't know why I put it off for so long. It wasn't exactly intentional. I was simply reading other things and it was a bit far down on my TBR list. But I read it so fast and it was nearly flawless. Also AHH St. Clair.

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - The moment I finished Anna and the French Kiss I was dying for more, so I read the next one. I read this one even quicker than the last, and loved it just as much in a totally different way. I can't wait to review these for you. Anyway, Cricket makes me so happy. :)


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - I read this way before I started blogging, so I don't think I've talked much in detail about The Mortal Instruments. I mean, I've mentioned my love for the series a couple of times, but never had a discussion on it or anything. Anyway, I didn't love the first book. In fact, I really disliked it. But I kept reading because I was curious, and the second one was so much better. And swoon worthy.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - I like Adam and Juliette together. Most people like Warner better, I believe. I can't bring myself to like him, though. I love him as a character, but not for Juliette. Which is partly why I haven't read Ignite Me yet. I'm afraid that Warner and Juliette end up together. GAH.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - This is definitely more of a summer book, but you could read it any time. I love how normal it is, how realistic it is for contemporary. It also has just the right amounts of both fluff and conflict.

 
 
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - This might make you cry more than it makes you swoon, but it goes both ways.

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - Less romantic than the others. It has more survival elements, actually. But the romance is still pretty prominent in the story line.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - Along with being creepy, Noah is the perfect YA book boyfriend. Just saying.

Those turned into more of mini-rants about each book than they did explanations for why they will make you swoon. Oops. *shrugs* And there are only nine, too. 

Anyway, I love all of these books and suggest picking them up if you're looking for something good to read. Or something that will make you swoon. Either one works. :)

5 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by Stephanie Perkins! I feel this is somehow a horrific flaw that I must fix ASAP! Tarver and Lilac are my favourites. They're adorable and so snarky to each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANNA and FANGIRL made my list too and I almost added MY LIFE NEXT DOOR too, but ended up including Fitzpatrick's upcoming WHAT I THOUGHT WAS TRUE instead. If you loved MLND, this new one is going to blow you away! :D

    Check out my TTT: http://thehidingspot.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-10-books-that-will-make-you-swoon.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see you finally read Anna and the French Kiss! It's one of my absolute favorites!! I also loved Levi and I actually still need to read quite a few on your list as well! Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been putting off Anna & the French Kiss too, I don't know why. They have been on everyone's swoon list this week, makes me want to read them now more than ever! ADAM great choice =) I also really liked the romance in These Broken Stars, Tarver was definitely swoon worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't LOVE Fangirl, but I definitely swooned over Levi :) He's totally the kind of guy that I would date in real life. Same with Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars. I love that book! It definitely made me swoon AND cry.

    ReplyDelete