January 7, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday 1.7.14

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hey everyone! I realized I haven't done Top Ten Tuesday in a while. Last Tuesday I did the end of the year book survey, so it's been a couple of weeks. Today's topic is bookish resolutions. I'm just going to jump right into this.

Comment more. I get so many great comments from all of you but sometimes I don't keep up, even though I know I should. This year I hope to reply to all of your comments and leave one over at your blog if you have one.

Keep up with eARCs. I have a bunch of these from Edelweiss that I still need to read, and I should probably be keeping them up with them more.

Read more books I already own. I have a compulsive book-buying habit where I buy books even though I already own plenty I haven't read. Oops. 

Allow myself to DNF books. Even if I absolutely hate a book I'm reading, I still finish it. I have no idea why I do this. I think I feel guilty for not finishing something I've started. But with less time to read, I should probably use that time to read books that will actually be worth it.

Do better at planning posts. Or, um, plan posts at all. So far I've only planned posts when I know I'm going to have a really busy day. But other than that, I've written one every day instead of writing a couple ahead of time. I think it would benefit me to plan.

Make blogging friends. Even on the internet, I'm an introvert. But I know there are so many awesome bloggers out there and I'd love to meet them. Still, I'm totally shy. 

Read out of my comfort zone. Classics, sci-fi, anything I don't normally love. I recently finished These Broken Stars and really liked it, which was surprising, because sci-fi normally isn't my thing.

I think my list is going to stop at seven. Is that a bad thing? I'm going to pretend it's not. Resolutions aren't really my thing. I'd rather have long-time goals. :)

Anyway, do you guys have any resolutions? Like I said, I'm not much of a resolution person, but I'd love to hear yours!

4 comments:

  1. These are great goals for the new year! I think that I'm pretty good (or at least okay) at planning posts and commenting on people's blogs...but catching up on ARCs and not buying so many books/reading more books I already own are things that I really need to work on, too. And I'd love to read more books outside of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what - most of us in book blogger land fall somewhere on the introvert scale, with varying degrees of shyness :-)
    So come in - we all play nicely and quietly and love getting comments from our readers.

    Good luck with the rest of your goals too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems a lot of us bloggers have the same goal of commenting and visiting more blogs this year. I will also try to keep up with my eARCs this year. Good luck on your goals! :D
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently completely caught up on my eARCs......It is possible!
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete