January 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday 1.28.14

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hey everyone! I've missed you. I'm still in that incessant reading/blogging slump, but I've decided that February is going to be a new month for me. Until then (for only a few more days, of course) the posts will probably be a bit pitiful. Again, sorry!

Okay, so this week's TTT is worlds you wouldn't want to live in. Again, I'm going to be a bit different with this and do five worlds I wouldn't want to live in and five I would. Here goes...

Worlds I Wouldn't Want To Live In

Lauren Oliver's Delirium - Um, no thank you. Love is not a curse. End of story.

Marie Lu's Legend - This world is just terrifying. So much rebellion, so much fighting and struggle for survival. Eek! Not something I'd be able to hand at all.

Rick Yancey's The 5th Wave - I don't want to live in a world where aliens are trying to take over. My personality isn't cut out for that sort of thing. I would be dead in two seconds flat. Not kidding.

Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games - I don't think this one needs much explanation. I probably wouldn't even make it to the arena. I'd die beforehand in some crazy, ridiculous way.

Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me - As cool as the whole powers thing is, I really don't want to live in this world. Too much fighting, and way too much drama. I'm much happier reading about it.

Worlds I Would Want To Live In

J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter (a.k.a. Hogwarts) - If you asked me what fictional world I'd like to visit, this would be my first answer. I've dreamed of going to Hogwarts since I started reading the books. You can imagine my distress when I didn't get my Hogwarts letter. I'm still waiting.

Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson (a.k.a. Camp Half Blood) - I want to live in Camp Half Blood, no questions asked. It would be fun to visit the Roman camp, but to be honest, they scare me. I think the Greek mythology suits me better, anyway.

Veronica Roth's Divergent - I know, I know. Wars. Death. Factions. Stereotypes. But some part of me thinks it would be really cool to live in this world. To belong to a faction. 

Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices - I want to be a Shadowhunter! Count me in. :)

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's Beautiful Creatures - I really want to be a Caster. I also love Gatlin and the world the authors have created. Beautiful Creatures was one of the first books where I fell in love with the world just as much, if not more, as the characters.

What worlds would you want to/not want to live in? Share your thoughts in comments below! :)

6 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games comes to mind first thing as the world I wouldn't want to live in. As for worlds I would want to live in, I don't know - that's tougher. I'll have to give it some more thought! Oh wait, I always wanted to be Laura from Little House on the Prairie, but I don't know if that counts as a different world so much as a different time period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! And I know, there are just so many. :)

      Delete
  2. "Too much fighting, and way too much drama." Bahaha! YES. Why are so many books guilty of that, eh? ;) I'm agreeing with you here! I'd love to go to Hogwarts, actually. Maybe I'd be one of those not-really-mentioned students, so I could skip all the scary bits and just be there for the cool food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! So many. They make for good books, though. And I totally agree about Hogwarts. :)

      Delete
  3. I love how you did this! I had so much trouble writing mine this week because it was like, "OH. I could pick that! No, wait, I want to live there. Never mind." It was really thought provoking, though! Worlds that I, on first glance, would say to pack me a suitcase are places that on a more thoughtful look that I would never, ever, ever want to set foot in. And I think you have some excellent picks! I wouldn't want to live in the world of Divergent, but I get why you would. I think I'd just end up disappointed with whatever faction I was suggested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely hard to choose! And I know what you mean about the whole factions thing. Still, for some reason I find it really intriguing.

      Delete