January 4, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #19


Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

Hello! I'm back again. (Well, it's not like I would leave...I mean...never mind.) How is everyone? Are you snowed in? I'm not snowed in, but there is a bit on the ground and more winter weather forecasted as well. I hope you got a snow day so you could stay in and read. :) 


I go back to school next week and I've been dreading it. Basically I bought (and was gifted) more books so I could be in their fictional worlds instead of my real one. Here they are:



Bought


I started reading this the moment I bought it, and then finished it last night. Gosh, it was so good. I sobbed at the end. I'll probably end up rereading it at some point. I'm going to see the movie today, and I can't wait. (Also, just a side note: I'm not going to be reviewing this, only because I don't think I would do the book justice. And because there's nothing to say, other than that the entire thing was perfect.)

Gifted


I always see this in bookstores but I've never actually bought it. Now, thanks to a friend, I own it. :) Not sure when I'll be reading this but hopefully it'll be sometime soon.

That's all for today! I can't wait to come back tomorrow with my discussion post. I'll give you a hint: it involves writing. I don't think I've ever really talked about writing on here, but tomorrow is the exception. 

16 comments:

  1. The Book Thief has been on my shelf for ages, and I have yet to read it all the way through! If He Had Been With Me is a great read - I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great book! And I've heard a bit about it. I'm glad to hear that you liked it! :)

      Delete
  2. I keep looking at The Book Thief. Everyone agrees that it is a great book. Click here to go to Mixed Book Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great book! I'd recommend reading it.

      Delete
  3. I actually just went to see The Book Thief a few weeks ago! I loved the movie, but now I want to go back and read the book! I'm sure it's breathtaking. And I have not read Nowlin's book, but I've seen it many times. I hope you love both of these!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I just saw the movie today, and it was great. It left out a lot from the book, though, so I'd recommend reading it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I bought The Book Thief two months ago but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, I think I should pick it up soon! I haven't heard anything about If He Had Been With Me but I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it! :) <a href="http://wordswithsarah.blogspot.com/2014/01/stacking-shelves-7-my-100tth-post.html>My STS</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend that you do! I can't wait to read If He Had Been With Me. :)

      Delete
  5. Ugh, I feel horrible. I always see such great words about The Book Thief but I just wasn't able to finish it. I completely lost interest. According to people I've talked to, though, I quit like right where it started rolling. But I'm glad you liked it! I've heard some good things about If He Had Been With Me. I hope you enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, it was a bit slow in the middle. But everyone said such great things about the ending so I just trudged on. If you ever feel like it, I suggest you try it again!

      Delete
  6. I feel the same about The Book Thief; there was nothing to review because it was utter perfection! I was in a daze mixed with fits of crying for several days afterwards though…

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had The Book Thief for a while, but I haven't gotten around to reading it. Soon, I will, because the movie is coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen If He Had Been with Me a bunch but I don't know if I want to buy it.... Glad you liked The Book Thief!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read The Book Thief, but I really want to! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved The Book Thief, such an emotional and beautiful book! Glad you enjoyed it :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh The Book Thief is so good! I really want to re-read it before I see the movie. And I've been meaning to buy it for my personal collection, too, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet :/

    ReplyDelete