December 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 12.18.13

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. It features upcoming books that we're eagerly waiting for!



The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
March 4, 2014
In the tradition of Kristin Cashore and Cassandra Clare comes this brilliant, unputdownable, star-crossed romance about the curse of winning. 
Seventeen-year-old Kestrel is an aristocratic citizen of Valoria, a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers. Here, a girl like Kestrel has two choices: join the military or get married. Despite her skills in military strategy, Kestrel’s real passion is music.Which is why she feels compelled to buy Arin, a slave with a talent for singing, at auction. It’s not long before she finds herself falling in love with Arin, and he seems to feel the same for her. But Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for Arin is much higher than she ever could have imagined. 
Set in a new world, The Winner’s Curse is a story of wicked rumors, dirty secrets, and games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.

I've heard so many good things about this book from other bloggers who have received ARCs and it looks so awesome! And just look at that cover. I love how she's holding the "R," something I hadn't noticed until a few minutes ago. :)

If you're interested, the first five chapters have been released for free and you can read them on your Kindle! Just click here for the link.

5 comments:

  1. The cover does leap out and grab you. I'll be on the look-out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read it! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to this one too! I'm hoping for some strong worldbuilding and plenty of intrigue... and yeah, I so did not notice she was holding the "R" until I read a blog post that pointed it out, lol XD

    My WoW
    Danya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this one sounds great! And the cover!
    I love it so much haha! Great pick!:)
    Here's my WoW

    -Marii @The Words Written

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister read this and she really liked it; I can't wait to read it myself too.

    Great post! I hope you can stop by my WoW post. Happy reading : )
    -Leslie (Michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks)

    ReplyDelete