December 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 12.3.13

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is releases of 2014 that we can't wait for! I'm basically going to be compiling my list of Waiting on Wednesdays. :)

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - It was supposed to come out this year, but due to the fact that the author has rewritten it a couple of times, it was pushed back to next summer. (It was originally set to release the same day as Allegiant, on October 22nd). Though I'm disappointed, I still can't wait to read it!

What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I adored My Life Next Door, so I'm expecting great things from this one.

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare - The final book in the Mortal Instruments series. I'm not sure what to expect, but I know I'm going to be sad. Oodles of sadness. I don't think I'm ready for it, so it's a good thing the book doesn't come out until May.

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan - I'm a little hesitant about this one as well, just because it is the final book in the Heroes of Olympus series and I'm not sure how it's going to end. Still, I'm ridiculously excited!

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - I read Shatter Me when it was still the only book released so far in the series. I was there for the release of Unravel Me, and I can't wait for the release of Ignite Me! I'm sure it will be a strong ending to the trilogy.

The One by Kiera Cass - I loved The Selection, and even though I didn't love The Elite (review here), I'm still going to read The One. It should be interesting!

This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl - I've heard a lot about Esther from John Green and I can't wait to read her story. Though I'm positive it will be sad. I'll no doubt end up crying.

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - I can't even put into words how much I loved Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and Second Chance Summer (reviews here and here). I've been looking forward to this book ever since I finished her other ones.

Panic by Lauren Oliver - There are so many things I love about Lauren Oliver's writing, and I was both happy and sad when I read the final book in her Delirium trilogy. The premise of the novel sounds excellent, so I can't wait to pick it up.

#scandal by Sarah Ockler - I've read all of Sarah Ockler's books, and love her writing just as much, if not more, than Sarah Dessen and Morgan Matson. I only recently found out about this and I can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. I still need to read The Evolution of Mara Dyer! On my TBR list though! City of Heavenly Fire and Panic made it on my list. But Shatter Me and The Selection are both on my TBR list that I need to start from the beginning! Great list!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I can wait this long for all of these books. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I don't want Riordan to end another series either! *cries*

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The whole thing is bittersweet.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to essentially everything on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read all of them! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. We've lots in common! I cannot wait for most of these. I still need to read the second Mara Dyer book and haven't read The Selection series, but both are on my TBR. Great list! PS thanks for the follow! I followed back via Bloglovin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really recommend it - it's even better than the first! Thanks for the follow back. :)

      Delete