December 21, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #17

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

I bought two novellas this week as a part of the Beautiful Creatures series and the Shatter Me trilogy! I have since read both. 



Bought (Novellas)


Dangerous Dream (Dangerous Creatures #0.5) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

If you're interested in hearing my thoughts on Fracture Me, the review can be found here

I should have a review of Dangerous Dream up by Monday! It wasn't the greatest novella I've read, but it also wasn't terrible. One thing I'd really like to complain about, thought, is the covers of these books. While they're gorgeous and the font is just perfect, they have nothing to do with anything. What does that staircase have to do with what went on in the novella? Nothing at all. There was no staircase.

Sorry for the mini-rant. That's all for this week. What did you guys get? Anything exciting?

9 comments:

  1. Been wanting to read these books for ages now. I'll read them come 2014. They're part of my 2014 series Challenge.

    Happy reading and merry Christmas!

    Charlotte Thoughts and Pens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were great novellas! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. I am not a big fan of novellas. I want more in my stories, usually. Come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not for everyone, but I do tend to enjoy them. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Cool stack. Enjoy your new additions:)

    Happy Holidays!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were great reads! Happy Holidays.

      Delete
  4. I've read a total of 3 novella's. ever. Haha, I'm not good with them, at all, but I guess it all depends on what series it's from. I'm not a fan of Beautiful Creatures though, I've tried, just can't get into them, but that's the start of a spin off series, isn't it? Haha, rant away! I'm right with you on that one. Happy reading, and Happy Holidays. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like they work well for some series but not well for others. And yeah, I've heard a lot of mixed feelings about Beautiful Creatures. For some reason the series just worked for me.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Those are awesome, Hope you enjoy these & Happy Holidays!

    Check out my STS this week!

    ReplyDelete