December 14, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #16

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

I received two eARCs from Edelweiss this week, and have since read one of them! I probably should have waited until it was closer to the release date, but I was so excited there was no way I was going to be able to wait that long.



eARCs


Panic by Lauren Oliver
Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd

I have since read and reviewed Panic, though it doesn't come out until the beginning of March 2014. (If you'd like to see the review, click here. I gave it 4/5 stars!) It was a typical Lauren Oliver book, but her writing has grown so much. The descriptions are better, the characters are more real, and everything was just so excellent. There were only a few minor problems I had with it, but those can be easily forgotten.

Her Dark Curiosity is the sequel to the Madman's Daughter, which I also recently read and reviewed. (Click here for the review.) I can't wait to start this one! After the heartbreaking ending I'm really interested to see what's going to happen.

Any books you bought that you're excited about? Leave a link so I can stop by! :)

20 comments:

  1. Great books for you this week! I hope you enjoy them!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/in-my-mailbox-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! Those are two books that I am very impatiently anticipating! You wrote a great review of Panic, and I hope you enjoy Her Dark Curiosity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I was ecstatic when I received these two!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the awesome e-ARCS - I loved your review of Panic! :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to read Her Dark Curiosity.

      Delete
  4. I have Panic also, looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read Panic! I still need to give the Madman's Daughter a real chance but the sequel looks great.


    My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it, especially if you like a little historical twist. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I got Panic months ago. I hope Lauren Oliver doesn't disappoint me again after that horrible Requiem. Have fun reading, Emma.

    Have fun reading.

    Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the ending of Requiem, but I understand many people didn't. I loved Panic!

      Delete
  7. I have an eARC of Her Dark Curiousity too! I can't wait to read it :)

    Happy Reading!
    Diamond @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about it too! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  8. I have Panic and I plan to read it over Christmas :D Enjoy your books!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you really like it! I had so much fun reading it.

      Delete
  9. I have panic but haven't read it yet, hoping to soon though! Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great read! I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I got Panic a little while ago but haven't read it yet, so happy to hear it's a great read! I really want to read The Madman's Daughter, I have heard so many good things about that series. I love your blog btw! New follower :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to read Panic, Hope you enjoy all of these :)

    Check out my STS this week!

    ReplyDelete