December 7, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #15

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

I bought a couple books this week, as well as received a handful of eARCs from Edelweiss that I'm really excited about. 



Bought


The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black (Hardback)
Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Paperback)

I'm ridiculously excited about both of these, but especially The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. I've heard so much about it, so I have really high expectations. We'll see how it turns out. You can expect to see reviews of these two sometime in the near future!

eARCs


Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Wanderers (Wasteland #2) by Susan Kim and Laurence Klavan

I'm currently reading Cruel Beauty, which is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, and I'm enjoying it so far. The beginning was a bit slow, but it's really picking up now. It's not too long, either, so I'll hopefully have a review up by Monday.

I received The Wanderers, though I haven't read the first book. If I get around to it, I'll pick up Wasteland, the first book, from the library, and then read this one. It looks really good!

The final book I received this week is for a blog tour. It's called The Torturer's Daughter, and it looks slightly creepy but really interesting. I can't wait to read it!

That's my book haul for this week! I'm so excited about all of these, and I'll hopefully have a review up soon. Happy Saturday! :)

11 comments:

  1. I really want to read Cruel Beauty! What a nice haul. Enjoy!

    New Follower
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good so far. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Ooh The Torturer's Daughter sounds kind of creepy and cool...I added it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read it, even though I'm not quite sure what to expect. :)

      Delete
  3. I have Cruel Beauty too. Waiting until closer to the release date though so I can put the review up right away. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is on my wishlist :D
    Happy Reading!
    -Dee @ Dee's Reads - My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm also excited to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, since I've heard so many great things about it! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Unwind is fabulously creepy. I had a serious case of the heeby-jeebies after that book. Totally adored it. But the ending..aaahahahg. Yes. Love the ending. ;) Happy reading!
    My Sts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that it's freaky, which isn't normally my thing, but it looked so good I just had to buy it! Thanks for stopping by Spun With Words. :)

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I really want to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, it looks really great. I hope you enjoy them all :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to start it! I've heard so many good things.

      Delete
  6. Unwind was one I really liked! I've heard mixed reviews on the Holly Black book though. Great haul! Thanks for stopping by my STS as well!

    ReplyDelete