December 20, 2013

Dangerous Creatures Cover Reveal + TFIOS Movie News

It's Friday and I have a few new, exciting things that have popped up this week in the book world, so I just thought I'd share them with you! Exams are over, which means I can finally stop studying and get back into reading.

First off, we have Dangerous Creatures, a new series set in the same world with the same characters as Beautiful Creatures, but with a different story line. This series is going to follow Link and Ridley, which is something I can't wait for! The current release date is May 20th of next year.

Dangerous Dream, a short novella that came out this week, sort of gives us a glimpse into that world. I've already read it (I'm planning to have a review up by Monday) and liked it, even though I did have some issues with it. Anyway, the cover of Dangerous Creatures was revealed the same day that Dangerous Dream came out. Here it is...


I love it! It still features the same font as the Beautiful Creatures series but this time it has more of a strong element on the cover instead of just some trees or a staircase. It's Ridley's lollipop, of course. :) Thoughts?

The second exciting bookish thing that happened this week was the reveal of the first TFIOS movie poster. For those of you who don't know, TFIOS stands for The Fault in Our Stars and it's a bestselling YA novel by John Green. You can check it out here. I'd highly recommend reading it. As you can see, it's also being adapted into a movie!


I literally cannot get over how perfect this is! I'm a bit disappointed about Shailene Woodley's role as Tris in the Divergent movie, especially because they aren't changing her appearance at all so she will resemble Tris and the way she looked in the book. But it seems like TFIOS is going to be different in that way, and I really like Ansel Elgort for the role as well. I was skeptical about it at first, but I think he's actually going to do a great job. 

That's all for today! Do you guys have any thoughts about the Dangerous Creatures cover or the TFIOS movie poster? Leave comments below! :)

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the TFiOS movie poster! (I'm posting about it in a few days.) I really love the actors they cast! They look perfect. Though I agree that it's going to be weird seeing Tris, and THEN in the same year (I think?) Hazel all played by Shailene Woodley. I don't mind though, because she's an awesome actor. :)
    I love that cover, though I haven't heard of the series before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so perfect! And I would definitely recommend the Beautiful Creatures series. There were many people who didn't like it all that much but I really had fun reading it.

      Delete
  2. I read the first Beautiful Creatures book and really enjoyed it, but I wasn't as big of a fan of the second book. I haven't read the last two yet, but Dangerous Creatures looks wonderful, as Ridley was one of my favorite characters! She's quite amusing to read about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second book was hard to get through for me as well, but once I got past it the last two were really great. :) It was really cool hearing Ridley's thoughts! She's definitely amusing.

      Delete
  3. I read Dangerous Dream as well and enjoyed it. It is making me excited for Dangerous Creatures, which, too, the cover has made me excited as well.

    The TFiOS poster is divine. I know some people are not necessarily thrilled with the line below the title, but in defending it, John Green stated that it has the wit/sarcasm that Hazel has, which I agree with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!

      I adore the TFIOS poster. I totally forgot to talk about the line below the title, but I really like it. It's such a good little phrase, and so witty.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Get the latest movie news and movie reviews from Tollywood and Bollywood industries. Also read latest news in telugu and english languages

    Telugu Entertainment News

    Telugu Politics Videos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Movie Name : Bang Bang 2014, WATCH MOVIE NOW. Story : A young bank receptionist gets mixed up with Rajveer Nanda, a man who has a mysterious background. ImDB Rating : 5.8, Category : Action, Romance, Director : Siddharth Anand, Writer : Sujoy Ghosh (screenplay), Suresh Nair (dialogue), Patrick O’Neill (original story), Actors : Katrina Kaif, Hrithik Roshan, Ron Smoorenburg, Jawed El Berni, Released Date : 02 Oct 2014, Run Time : N/A. WATCH MOVIE NOW.

    ReplyDelete