December 13, 2013

2014 Prequel & Sequel Challenge


Hey guys! So next year I'm going to be participating in the 2014 Prequel and Sequel Challenge, which is exactly what it sounds like. The goal is to read as many prequels and sequels as you can from January 1st to December 31st of next year. It's being hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat and Melissa @ Writer Grrl Reads

Here's how the rules/scoring works:
  • All books in a series count.
  • Novellas count (prequels and sequels).
  • You get ten points for a completed series, but there must be at least three books in that series.
  • You can get points for a sequel in a duology but it will not receive the full ten points for a completed series.
  • You receive 1 point for a prequel or sequel novella read and reviewed.
  • You get 2 points for a full-length sequel read and reviewed.
  • You get 10 points for a full series read and reviewed.
  • You do not receive any points for reading and/or reviewing the first book in a series.

There are quite a few series and sequels that I'd like to read in the coming year. Here are a few. :)



Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Series)
World After by Susan Ee (Series)
Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2) by Kiersten White
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Series)
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (Series)

As long as I get these few knocked out as well as some additional books and series, I'll be happy!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great challenge! I may have to sign up, as I have so many sequels sitting around my house to be read! I will still sponsor my September is for Sequels challenge next year, but maybe I'll add this in as well! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot as well! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. I for one applaud you on your endeavor! I should really do this only I am afraid I would fail miserably! I don't seem to be able to keep up with my challenges. I do however have a list of books I have purchased that I'd like to get read this year. I highly recommend the Under The Never Sky series. I am waiting not so patiently for the final book! I love Kiersten White's new series! I'm afraid to read Susan Ee's because Angelfall was such an amazing surprise!

    I love your blog! Thanks for the tweet! Glad to know you're here!! I'll check in on your challenge and see how you're doing!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so much about the Under the Never Sky series but still have yet to read it. :)

      Thanks! I should have made separate accounts a long time ago...

      Delete