November 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 11.5.13

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This Tuesday the topic is sequels that we can't wait to get our hands on or sequels that we're waiting for!

The answer, in short, is a lot. I have some novels and novellas mixed in here, but either way I think they count, even if they're not the same. :)


The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan - I've mentioned this book a lot lately, mainly because I just finished House of Hades and I'm not sure I'll be able to handle waiting an entire year for the final book.

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - I've been waiting for this since Shatter Me, when Unravel Me hadn't even been released yet. I'm excited to see what Ignite Me has in store! Adam and Juliette better be canon when it ends. :)

Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor - Just like the two above, the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy is on my list of all-time favorites. The cover is gorgeous, and I just can't wait to read another breathtaking book from Laini Taylor!


The One by Kiera Cass - I didn't love The Elite, but The Selection was such a great book that it wouldn't be possible for me to not read the conclusion to the trilogy.

The Retribution of Mara Dyer - I LOVED the first two Mara Dyer books, and was so upset to find out that the release date was pushed back from the end of last month to next year!

Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi - I guess this only sort of counts because it's a novella, but it works for me. :) This one is from Adam's POV, and I can't wait to read it! (Though I'm guilty of not reading Destroy Me simply because it was told from Warner's POV, and I really don't want to like Warner. I'm a hard-core Adam and Juliette shipper.)

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare - I had to put this on the list. Can't believe I have to wait until May of next year!

And the last two do not yet have covers. The first is the sequel to The 5th Wave, and the second is another novella.

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey - The 5th Wave is one of my favorite books I've ever read. It's unusual that I began a trilogy when only the first book had been written, but either way I'm really looking forward to this one.

The Initiate: A Divergent Story by Veronica Roth - This one is another novella, but I still think it counts, especially because it's from Four's POV! *insert tears here as a result of Allegiant*

It looks like I only have nine for this week. Oops. Anyway, NaNoWriMo is going well so far, and I still seem to be keeping up with blogging (not reading, though :/).

That wraps it up for today! Any sequels you can't wait for?

8 comments:

  1. I didn't even know about Fracture Me! AHHHH. I'm Team Adam (well, currently Team Kenji bc Adam was lame in Unravel Me) so I would love to read from his point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!!! I love Tahereh Mafi's books, on top of being brilliant books the covers are also gorgeous. Although I'm a total Warner lover! Adam's okay but I can't not love Warner after reading Destroy Me and Unravel Me, so if Adam and Juliette become canon I'm flipping out.

    Also, the Mara Dyer books are freaking amazing! Hopefully we can both agree that Noah is swoon-worthy to the millionth degree. I'm dying to know what the heck is going to happen after the cliffhanger from the second book.

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such a good author. And that's exactly why I avoided Destroy Me - I knew I'd fall for Warner if I read it, and I just love Adam too much. :)

      Noah is one of my favorite characters! I can't wait for the final book.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. THE ONE!!!! I can't wait!!!
    My TTT: http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/2013/11/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to it too!

      Delete
  4. Shatter Me and Daughter of Smoke and Bone - two series starters that I am desperate to read! I have heard only wonderful things about all of them. The One - I am really excite to see how it all ends!

    Great list. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a bunch of Divergent novellas coming out and I can't wait to read them all! I'm planning on re-reading the series this month and I really wish that they were already released so that I could read them while I do that!

    ReplyDelete