November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 11.19.13

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

The topic today is books you would recommend to X person, and I decided to make this list for people who love contemporary! Similar to the past few weeks, this is going to be short with no descriptions because of NaNoWriMo, homework, tests, and all that jazz. 




 

I have twelve books here, just because I love contemporary and I couldn't resist putting all of them down! Most, if not all, of these books have made me cry and laugh and smile until it hurts. I cannot stress enough how much I enjoyed them. I was going to pick a couple that I would recommend the most, but I'm struggling! So if you like contemporary, you won't go wrong with any of these.

On a completely unrelated note, this is my 100th post! Just a little cause to celebrate. :)

13 comments:

  1. The Symptoms of Insanity sounds interesting! I love Amy & Roger, I want to check out Second Chance Summer! Yay 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend all of them. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm generally not a fan of contemporary but a lot of these books sound really good, and Before I Fall is one of my all time favorites. Thank you for the recommendations!

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if you don't like contemporary, I'd recommend at least giving these a shot. They're definitely worth it. :)

      Delete
  3. I've got Fangirl on my TBR pile and I'm definitely going to look a few of these up! I find it hard to pick the right contemporary book so this will help immensely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Fangirl! It's such a heartwarming story. It is true that contemporary can be a little tricky sometimes. Any of these should be good! Anything by Morgan Matson is awesome.

      Delete
  4. I love all the books on this list!, I can't wait to read How my summer went up in flames, Fangirl and My life next door!

    nenaath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all three! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. I don't read a ton of contemporary but I'm starting to dip my toe into the genre a bit. I read Fangirl not too long ago and loved it. I really want to read My Life Next Door, The Sky is Everywhere and Second Chance Summer. I also feel like I have to read a Sarah Dessen book before I die because everybody raves about her. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contemporary can be tricky, but I think it's really great if it's done right. All of these are definitely my favorite contemporary books I've picked up. Both The Sky is Everywhere and Second Chance Summer made me cry my eyes out, but in a good way.

      Delete
  6. Those look amazing! I'm a fan of contemporary so I would probably love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love contemporary novels. They're a nice break from dystopian and fantasy sometimes. :)

      Delete
  7. Fangirl, My Life Next Door, Second Chance Summer, and The Book Of Broken Hearts are all on my favorite contemporary list!
    I will have to try the rest of these.....
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete