November 30, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #14

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

I bought three books yesterday on Black Friday, two hardback and one paperback. I'm really excited about all three of them, especially because I'll be reading them soon - NaNoWriMo ends today!




Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick

The Distance Between Us is not normally a book I'd pick up. Books with those types of covers generally make me cringe. Nevertheless, I picked this one up and began reading it - it only took me a page to be completely drawn in to the story. I now have high expectations for it, so we'll see how it goes!

I read and loved Fangirl recently (review here), and I've been wanting to read Eleanor & Park for a while. Because of how much I enjoyed Fangirl, and all the good reviews I've read, I couldn't just let it sit on the shelf.

Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick is another one of those books that I've seen around but avoided. The cover was so pretty that I just had to pick it up, though. Again, I loved the first few pages and decided to buy it.

I'm so excited to read and review all of these books! I think I'll read Eleanor & Park first after I finish The Madman's Daughter, which is creepy and thrilling but I'm loving it.

16 comments:

  1. I can't get over how pretty the cover of Gorgeous is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh I LOVED LOVED LOVED The Distance Netween Us. I just can't tell you how great that book is! I'm not a big contemporary reader. But that's one of the best of the year >.< Eleanor and Park is on my wishlist for Christmas :) I really hope I get that and /or Fangirl I heard great things about it
    Thanks for stopping by my STS and following me! I followed you back ;)

    Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started Eleanor and Park, and it's really good!

      Thanks for following. :)

      Delete
  3. I have Eleanor and Park on my shelf waiting to be read, I've never read a Rainbow Rowell book but after all the positive reviews I'm excited to read it! I hope you enjoy finishing The Madman's Daughter the sequel comes out next month and after that ending I really want it!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it! The Madman's Daughter was really good. I posted a review yesterday. :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I have Eleanor & Park sitting on my book shelf and am excited to read it as I have heard so many great things. The Distance Between Us has a cover that makes me cringe too but am now tempted to give it a try. I hope you enjoy all your reads. My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying Eleanor and Park so far. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I have Eleanor & Park but I haven't read it yet. I hear mixed things about the book that has me putting it off...The Distance Between Us has been on my TBR for sometime now! I hope you enjoy these books! Happy reading!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it a lot, though I haven't read the ending yet. I've heard that it's really sad.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Those are "gorgeous" *wink* Hope you enjoy them all! Have a great day! :)

    Check out my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about them. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. The Distance Between Us was really good! I suggest reading that first ;) I loved FANGIRL but I heard that E&P is completely different and the ending is sad/made people mad? Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you liked it! I'm definitely excited to read it. I'm in the middle of Eleanor and Park and I really like it so far, though I'm anxious about the ending.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete