November 15, 2013

Let's Talk: Valued Books


Let's Talk is a weekly feature hosted by I Swim For Oceans. It's a discussion post with questions or prompts that have to do with books and reading (what else?). :)



What books on your shelves do you value the most and why?

This is a tough question, because there are multiple factors that do into this. I know for sure that my signed books mean a lot to me. Then again, so do books that made a huge impact on me. Between these two things, there are a handful of books that I really value. 

The first three are signed books - one I've picked up recently and the other I acquired sometime in the past year. :)




I met Lauren Oliver and got two of my books signed by her a few months ago! She was so funny and sweet. I also love these two books, especially Before I Fall, which was really inspiring.

I just picked up Champion at the store the other day, and it just happened to be signed! (I wrote a post about it here.)

The next few include signed books and simply books that made a huge impact on me.


The House of Hades is a pretty obvious choice, and I got this signed by Rick Riordan when I went to his even here! The Fault in Our Stars and Daughter of Smoke and Bone are both books that I really loved and have impacted me.

That's it for today! Any books you own that you really value?

No comments:

Post a Comment