October 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 10.2.13

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. It features upcoming books that we're eagerly waiting for!




Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
May 13, 2014

The Pre-Sloane Emily didn’t go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn’t do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just… disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try… unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough. Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait… what?  
Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find? 
Go Skinny Dipping? Um…
Because I just finished Second Chance Summer and I am currently almost finished with Amy and Roger's Epic Detour (and loving it), I was so happy to discover that Matson has a new book coming out next spring! I adore her writing and love the premise of this novel.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! I haven't read Second Chance Summer yet because I haven't been in the mood for something depressing, but I loved Amy & Roger. I'm definitely adding this to my TBR!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it will definitely make you cry. I just finished Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and loved it! :)

      Delete
  2. It looks really interesting, never heard of the author before but the To-Do-List thing looks really great.
    Great pick and new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely suggest checking her out. I love her books!

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. Yay, so great to see someone else who loves Morgan Matson. I adored both of her books and this one looks so good! Plus the cover is super cute.

    ReplyDelete