October 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 10.8.12

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hey guys! Even though this is completely off topic, I just want to mention that House of Hades came out TODAY. I know, get excited. I'm reading/fangirling over it right now. I can't wait to finish but I also want it to go on forever. :) 

Because I want to get back to reading, I'm going to make this pretty short, partly by putting my own spin on it...instead of doing worst series' endings (because even though I've read some pretty bad ones, I'd rather not bash a book) I'm going to do endings I'm looking forward to.

So without further ado, here are my favorite series endings!


So here we have Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Beautiful Creatures), The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson), Requiem by Lauren Oliver (Delirium), Nevermore by James Patterson (Maximum Ride), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by, you guessed it, J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter).

Next up are our haven't-been-released-yet, looking-forward-to series endings. 


Gosh, aren't these covers just gorgeous? The cover for The One by Kiera Cass was just revealed a week or two ago, and though I was slightly disappointed with The Elite (see review here), I am still awaiting the release of the final book in the trilogy. So here we have Allegiant by Veronica Roth, Champion by Marie Lu, Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor, Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, and The One by Kiera Cass.

That's all for today! Have you read any of these/are you anticipating the same books I am? Comment! :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see Requiem on someone's good list. I haven't read it yet, but a ton of people have had it on their worst list. All of the ones you posted that haven't come out are ones I'm excited about! Great list!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, Sandy! All day long, I've been reading people's Top Ten Tuesday lists with Requiem in the "worst endings" column. So glad to see that at least SOMEBODY liked it!

      Also...question about Beautiful Redemption series. I really liked Beautiful Creatures, but I really didn't like the second and third books. Did you have the same problem? Do you think that I should bother reading the last one/is it any better?

      Delete
    2. I agree with both of you! I really enjoyed the ending of Requiem, even though a lot of people were dissatisfied (though I have to admit, I ship Alex and Lena, and it turned out a bit better for them than it did for Julian and Lena).

      I've heard of a lot of mixed feelings about these books. Personally, I adore the series. I will say that the second and third books were harder for me to get into (and through), but I thought it really paid off because of how much I loved the final book - Beautiful Redemption.

      Delete
  2. Yay for Harry Pottter! I'm yet to read Beautiful Redemption and I'm so excited for Daughter of Smoke and Bone series too. I've just read the first book and will read the next two back to back when the last one comes out. And even Ignite Me! God, I need that book like NOW! Fabulous list!

    Thank you for stopping by my post earlier. Have a great week ahead and happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love Harry Potter! And I agree, there are SO many good books I'm looking forward to.

      No problem! Thanks for checking out my blog. :)

      Delete
  3. OOOH! looking forward to those releases as well! and the last book of the Shatter Me trilogy as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many new releases and ones I'm anxious for. I can't wait!

      Delete