October 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 10.29.13

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is (you guessed it) top ten books to read during Halloween. *cue the sighs* As I've mentioned in a few previous posts, scary books are not my thing. At all. I completely avoid them at all costs. Go ahead, you can say I'm a wimp. 

Anyway, I'm going to modify this a bit! Instead of doing top ten books to read during Halloween, I'm going to make a list of scary books that have been recommended to me. (Or rather, scary books that I would read if I had the courage.)

Here we go!


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - I actually bought this one, which I think I mentioned in a previous post. Oops. I will read it someday. I have to.

Unbreakable by Kami Garcia - I don't know if I'll ever read this, but apparently it's really creepy. If I do read it, it will be during the day.

Deep, Dark, and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn - I think it's a little obvious why I won't be reading this. On top of that, the cover is by far one of the creepiest covers I've seen. 

Ruined by Paula Morris - Another one I've bought. I think I tried to start it and it wasn't very good, but it could have just been that I was hesitant to read it.


Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - Again, not something I want to be reading,  no matter how good it is. There's blood on her skirt, red leaves, and blowing wind. Not to mention the fact that she's walking towards a haunted house. *shudders*

Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn - This is one I would actually consider reading. Despite the fact that it's supposed to be really creepy, the premise of the story looks really good. The cover is pretty too - not creepy at all. 

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke - I don't know much about this, but it sounds good. Sort of? 

I'm going to stop at seven, because there are no other scary books on my TBR list. Like I said, I'm a wimp. Oops. I guess Halloween isn't my best holiday.

That's all for this Tuesday! On a completely unrelated note, I did start reading Catching Fire, finally, so we'll see how that goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment