October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 10.22.13

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been reading or posting as faithfully. Writing and reading don't make for a good match sometimes, and neither does House of Hades and the longing to read other books.

This week's theme is top ten most unusual or best character names! Let's get started. :)

1. Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer Trilogy) - Even though we find out that this isn't her real name the moment we open the book, I still love this character and the name she's been given.

2. Cassie or Cassiopeia (The 5th Wave) - I love the idea of being named after a constellation. It's such a gorgeous name that can be shorted to something so common and simple. Perfection. :)

3. America (The Selection Trilogy) - Again, not an usual thing itself, but an unusual thing to be used as a name. Though I think this name would bother me in other circumstances, I love the way it's used in these novels.

4. Isadora (The Chaos of Stars) - I don't know what it is, but I love everything about this book, and our MC's name just adds to the enchantment of it all.

5. Alaska (Looking for Alaska) - So this one is a bit of a given, but either way it's so unique and beautiful.

6. Stargirl (Stargirl) - The simplicity of this book is so nice, and her name is another element I really enjoyed.

7. Karou (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) - The fantasy elements of these couple books are so compelling, and I love the names to go along with it. (Akiva is another good one.)

8. June and Day (Legend Trilogy) - These names, while unique by themselves, even go together. (More proof that their relationship can work out, despite the ending of Prodigy! Sort of.)

9. Jade (The Nature of Jade) - I read this a while ago, but it's one of the few Deb Caletti books I really enjoyed. Her name isn't too unusual, but still out of the ordinary and extremely pretty.

10. Lina (Between Shades of Gray) - This novel was so sad, but I guess that's sort of beside the point. Anyway, I love the way her name is spelled and how it's sort of a twist on a common name. 

What are your favorite names? Bookish or otherwise? Leave comments! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice list! I like the names: Alaska and Mara.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name Mara Dyer and Jade! They're so beautiful!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete