October 26, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #11

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tygna's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

I got quite a haul this week - mainly from the library, but I did buy one book. And that book is...



Bought



That's right. Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I finished it last night after crying my eyes out. Not just a few stray tears, but full on sobbing. For reasons that I will not reveal for those of you who have not read the book. A review should be up by Monday, but I'm struggling with the rating right now. We'll see.


I also picked up quite a few books from the library, and among them are...



Borrowed




I've heard many good things about What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang, so I thought I'd pick it up - the same goes for 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil. Hopefully I'll have time to read them soon, but with NaNoWriMo coming up I'm not sure.


I grabbed Famous Last Words by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski because I read her first book, How My Summer Went Up in Flames (review here) and really liked it.


There were many ARC reviews of Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller, and most of them were positive, so I thought it would be a good idea to pick up that one too.


That's my haul for this week! Any good books you bought/borrowed? Have you read any of these?

10 comments:

  1. I thought Where the Stars Still shine was amazing! I hadn't read Doller's other book so I was worried I wouldn't like WtSS as much as everyone else, but it was great. I also loved What's Left of Me, even though that's not usually the type of book I read. I'm hoping to read 3:59, but for some reason my library doesn't have it. I'm excited to read your reviews for all these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to read all of these books, so I'm glad you liked them! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been waiting for it for a year. :) I adore the Divergent trilogy!

      Delete
  3. Famous Last Words was cute. I got Allegiant too even though I have no idea when I'll get a chance to read it. Come and see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read Famous Last Words! Allegiant was good, but really sad.

      Delete
  4. I also got Allegiant, and haven't quite finished, but am definitely at the crying point!! I'm a new GFC follower.
    Check out my STS

    And while you're at my blog, be sure to enter my Fierce Reads Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! And thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  5. I read a spoiler of Allegiant, and I feel bad and I haven't read the series. I've heard quite a few things about 3:59 but I don't know, I'm not really a fan of Gretchen McNeil. Happy reading! :) Oh, and have fun with NaNoWriMo, I'm avoiding it, haha.

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend the series! I have heard a few things about 3:59 too, but I'm not sure how I'll like it.

      You're probably smart to avoid NaNoWriMo. :)

      Delete