October 13, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #9 / Super Six Sunday #8

So sorry I didn't post yesterday guys! I've been so busy. This is probably going to be a pretty long post, as I'll be talking about a lot of different things (I have random topics to discuss, yay!).

First and most importantly: I saw Rick Riordan last night. I waited in a line for an hour, and then I sat down in a chair for an hour. He finally came out, and though I didn't meet him personally, I had one of the best nights of my life. There were tons of people there, and I am happy to say that I was very close to the front.

As he talks about House of Hades...
Discussion about the covers of the books, and the first series in general.

Heroes of Olympus!

That was definitely exciting. At this event, I bought two books (both signed by Rick Riordan *pauses for a moment to freak out*) - House of Hades and The Last Olympian, both of which I have already read.

Bought


I also received an eARC from Edelweiss. This book was one of my WoWs a while back, so I'm really excited to read it! Hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

eARC


And that wraps up my stacking the shelves (and the random discussion about Rick Riordan). On to the next feature!

Super Six Sunday is a book meme hosted at Bewitched Bookworms

This week's Super Six Sunday is books that scared you! I'm not sure how many scary books I've actually read, as I commonly go out of my way to avoid them (fun fact: everything scares me). But we'll see what I can find.


Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
I read this a while back and I remember it freaking me out a bit. 


Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Okay, so this wasn't exactly freaky, but it was a little creepy, especially as the series continued.


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Don't read this book at night. It literally is freakish. The sequel is even worse.


And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
This was required reading for me a few years back and it really scared me. I almost put it down, but eventually trudged through it because I didn't exactly have a choice.

Other than these four, I can't find any more books that scared me. Like I said, I usually go out of my way to avoid them. Horror stories are definitely not my thing - or anything even remotely scary. 

That's all for today! Sorry for the unusually long post. :) I love to hear your thoughts, so share anything that comes to mind!

2 comments:

  1. It's okay...everything scares me too! ;) I didn't know that the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was creepy! I've been really wanting to read that one, so that's good to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely a wimp. :)

      It was creepy, though not creepy enough to dissuade me from reading it! I was a bit freaked out, but it was so good that there was no way I was putting it down.

      Delete