October 19, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #10

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tygna's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

This week I bought two books that I'm ridiculously excited about!



Bought


I couldn't resist picking up Perfect Ruin for a couple different reasons, the main one being that I read Lauren DeStefano's Chemical Garden trilogy and really loved it. The second reason was simply because I've been anticipating it for a while. 

And just look at that cover. Have you ever seen anything more beautiful? Those of you who know me are aware that I'm a total sucker for the gorgeous covers, and I think this is one of my all-time favorites. Even the chapter pages, spine, and inside cover are beautiful. For example: 




I mean, I wasn't going to leave it on the shelf of Barnes and Noble for someone else to pick it up. It was mine the moment I set eyes on it! 

Hopefully I'll get around to it soon, if I ever get out of this reading slump -- ever since I read House of Hades, I've been struggling to read anything else. Since Allegiant comes out this week (eek!) (if you don't know what Allegiant is, click here), I should probably read it now. 

As you can see in the sidebar, I have been attempting to read Hourglass for a few days now, and it's not working out. Not because it's a bad book, but because -- again -- I'm still in that reading slump, and nothing seems to bring me out of it. I may try to read Perfect Ruin instead and see if that will get me going. :)

The next book I bought was The Darkest Minds, which I am SO ecstatic about! I've been hearing many good things, and it has been on my TBR list for a while, so we'll see what happens with this one.

That's all for today! Any new books you bought? Have you read either of these? Share your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect Ruin looks so beautiful! I definitely need to have this book on my shelf. I love it when books have pretty designs on the pages of the beginning of chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Perfect Ruin. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Ruin does look rather amazing! Hope you enjoy it. My STS.

    ReplyDelete