October 25, 2013

Let's Talk: Scary Books


Let's Talk is a weekly feature hosted by I Swim For Oceans. It's a discussion post with questions or prompts that have to do with books and reading (what else?). :)


With Halloween Being Next Week, What are Your Favourite Spooky/Creepy Reads?

I think I did a post with this same sort of idea a week or two ago. Like I emphasized in that post, scary is not my thing. Honestly, I get freaked out so easily it's sort of ridiculous. So I don't go out of my way to read scary books (except for one recent exception which I will mention in a moment). Because of this, I'm going to mention two books that scared me a few years ago when I read them.


And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie is a murder mystery, which I would never have picked up on my own. Ever. But it was required reading, so I didn't exactly have a choice. It did freak me out, but I actually quite enjoyed it.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is a book I picked up because I had heard good things about it. I ended up loving it, but I only found out halfway through when I was already ensconced in the story that it was creepy. The sequel was even worse. Still, I kept reading. (Not a good idea. It was so freaked out.)

The following book is a book I chose to read - and buy, actually.


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  Long story short, I haven't read it yet. I got six pages in and the pictures creeped me out. But I will read it sometime (or so I keep telling myself).

That's the lowdown on creepy books (Emma style). On a completely - well, somewhat - unrelated topic, I have one hundred pages to go in Allegiant and am loving it, though I'm scared for the outcome. I should have a review up by Monday.

Until then! :)

1 comment:

  1. These are really scary choices, perfect for Halloween! :)
    I nominated you for a Liebster Award and I hope you will partake in it! Here's the link: http://wordswithsarah.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-liebster-award-i-got-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete