October 11, 2013

Let's Talk: Favorite Quotes


Let's Talk is a weekly feature hosted by I Swim For Oceans. It's a discussion post with questions or prompts that have to do with books and reading (what else?). :)



What are some of your all-time favorite book quotes, and why do they remain your favorite to this day?

There are so many to choose from. I'll start with John Green, because that's the only place I know where to begin.

"A Margo for each of us--and each more mirror than window."
-John Green, Paper Towns

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
-J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter

"I love you. Remember. They cannot take it."
-Lauren Oliver, Delirium

"Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up."
-Veronica Roth, Divergent

"The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive."
-John Green, Looking for Alaska

"Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong." 
-Rick Riordan, The Battle of the Labyrinth

All of these are important to me in different ways. Some are just memories of how much I adored the books, but others speak to me. Are there any quotes you love? Share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment