September 4, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 9.4.13

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. It features upcoming books that we're eagerly waiting for!



The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
September 10, 2013

Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up. 
Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal. 
Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.

I've heard a lot about this, and didn't get the chance to get ahold of an ARC. I've heard many good things about it, so I'm anticipating its release (which is in a few days)!

24 comments:

  1. I love the sound of Egyptian mythology written like this! Epic, right? I can't wait for this one either. The only mythology I've read so far is Percy Jackson, so eeek! This will be awesome!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the idea! Percy Jackson is awesome, too. :D

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting! This one is new to me though.

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! I'll be sure to stop by your blog. :)

      Delete
  3. I've been excited for this book for so long now! Luckily, the release date is SO CLOSE! Ahhh, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! Especially with that GORGEOUS COVER. It's one of my all-time favorite covers.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! I'm SO excited. And I'm definitely a sucker for pretty covers, too. :)

      No problem!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for following my blog! I'm following you back! :) This book sounds really good! And unique! I'm definitely reading this! :)

    My Waiting of Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for following back!

      Delete
  5. It sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing this title! I'll have to add it to the tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I love introducing people to new books. :)

      Delete
  6. Yes!! I just heard about this book yesterday and already added it to my wishlist. And that cover! Love! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover, too! It's gorgeous. And no problem. :) Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  7. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about this book in the past week. It sounds great. Looking forward to it!

    Rebecca @ The Library Canary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I never knew this was about Egyptian mythology. I disliked it the most when I studied a course on Mythology but I'll pick this book up to turn my dislike into like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way--I prefer Greek mythology (a.k.a. Percy Jackson)--but this book looks too good to pass up!

      Delete
  9. This one is on my list too. I love the cover and it sounds beyond awesome. I hope you get to read it soon!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I got an e-galley of this, it is one that I'm excited for as well! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I love your blog design. :)

      Delete
  11. I can't wait for this one, it sounds so good! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete