September 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 9.24.13

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

So this week the topic is top ten best sequels ever! Gosh, there are so many good ones (and, unfortunately, bad ones).

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. I just recently finished reading this, and I need to point out that I was if blown away by the first book, the sequel was ten times as good. I'm still astounded by Laini's writing.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.
I have nothing to say about these books. They're just so...gorgeous. I'm extremely upset that the release date of the final book in the trilogy was pushed to next summer.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I cried so much while reading this it's ridiculous. In a good way. I mean, not really in a good way, but in the way that shows just how good of a writer Roth really is.

The Scorpio Trials by James Dashner. The Maze Runner was a little slow for me, so The Scorpio Trials was a much-needed relief. 

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. I adore this series (I've also met the author, and she's so sweet). Pandemonium was just as good as, if not better, than Delirium, and I loved the final book too.

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. To tell you the truth, I really disliked City of Bones when I read it, but this picked up where the first book left off and completely shifted my entire view of the series.

Prodigy by Marie Lu. Legend was such a good book, and refreshing after having read so many books with the same boring plot line. I was skeptical when I picked up Prodigy, just because I wasn't sure where the story was going, and much to my surprise had so much fun reading it!

It looks like I only have seven today. What about you? Any sequels you love?

2 comments:

  1. I want to read all of those. here is my list: http://caitstruelife.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-sequels-ever/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! They're all excellent books.

      Delete