September 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 9.17.13

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

You may or may not have noticed, but I've been absent lately. Not commenting on or keeping up with the blogs I follow, only putting a bit of effort into my posts, etc. I probably already noted this and it may seem like a petty excuse, but school is stressful! It's crazy this year (even though I'm only an eighth grader - I can't imagine what next year will bring), and I haven't had that much free time for myself other than on the weekends. This is the reason for my slow reading, lazy blog posts, and refrain from commenting. I'm sorry, and I will be trying to get a little more into it when I can! But for now, we'll just have to hang on until everything slows down a bit. (This is also the reason that I'm not meeting any of my goals for the Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon or really getting involved in it at all.)

On that note, I actually have some time tonight! So let's talk about something that's actually relevant to my blog.

This week's top ten is books on our fall TBR list. Here we go!

Recent Releases


The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White - I just recently bought this (eek!), because it looked really interesting. I didn't exactly enjoy Mind Games (I'm sad to say that's putting it mildly), but I decided to give Kiersten White another shot. Who knows? Maybe this will be better.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - I don't know much about this one and I've only heard of the author, but I've been seeing it around and it looks interesting!

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - From what I've heard, Rainbow Rowell is an excellent author. This new release looks really good, but I want to get a chance to read Eleanor and Park, too.

Coming Soon


Unbreakable by Kami Garcia - As I've noted before in previous posts, I loved the Beautiful Creatures series, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

The House of Hades by Rick Riordan - Does this really need an explanation?

Allegiant by Veronica Roth - Again, do I have to explain myself? Because it should be clear, and if it's not, you better go look up Veronica Roth right this minute. :)

Champion by Marie Lu - While it's not my favorite series out there, I did enjoy Legend and Prodigy (though I had quite a few issues with Prodigy, much more so than with Legend).

Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano - The Wither trilogy was excellent, and I loved the way everything turned out, so I can't wait for another novel by DeStefano!

Old Releases


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - I know, I know, I still haven't finished the Hunger Games trilogy. But I'm getting to it. If it helps any, I caved and bought Catching Fire about a week ago and plan to read it before the movie comes out.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I've heard so much about this book (or should I say books, since I believe it is a series), but still haven't gotten around to reading it.

So that's my TTT! Any books on this list you've read and enjoyed? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Good list, I also need to read Catching Fire. I read Anna and the French Kiss awhile ago I found it to be overhyped but almost everyone else loves it so if you love great if you don't at least you know you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete