September 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 9.10.13

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This Tuesday the topic is books we'd love to see as a movie/TV show! Which is, to put it shortly, a lot.

First of all, I just have to say this: Anything by Sarah Dessen would be perfect. Contemporary is, I would think, so much easier to make into a movie (or TV show, though I think I would prefer a movie to TV show any day) and the Sarah Dessen books are all so amazing.

And I would say Divergent by Veronica Roth, but, you know, already happening! (Thank God. I adore these books.)

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. So...I use this as an example constantly in my blog posts only because it is such a good series. I'm a little over halfway through the sequel, Days of Blood and Starlight, and loving it. Though unfortunately, school is currently really stressful--getting back into the swing of things and all that jazz--so I'm not having much time to read. (Of course, the week I'm doing a read-a-thon I suddenly get piles and piles of work to do, tests, papers, etc. I was never a particularly lucky person anyway.) On a side note, the one thing that cheers me up when I'm really upset or stressed is getting a comment or new follow. So PLEASE leave your thoughts, I love to hear them!

The Selection by Kiera Cass. This is one dystopian movie I would kill to see, even though I didn't enjoy the sequel quite as much as I did the original book. 

The Program by Suzanne Young. Because when dystopian meets mystery meets romance, everyone's happy.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver, because it WAS going to be a TV series but FOX turned it down! They had a cast and everything. *sighs*

Paper Towns by John Green for two reasons: a) No one is going to turn down John Green, and b) The road trip books are so great for movies and even TV shows. This was one of my favorite John Green books, second only to few books I've ever read, and I would love to see it turned into a movie--if it was done right, of course.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, because who wouldn't want a book-to-movie adaptation involving Shadowhunters?

Fallen by Lauren Kate. I've heard a lot of people who didn't enjoy this series, and while it's not on my favorites list or anything, I did have fun reading them. They would make great movies--the first book especially. Easy to picture and light on the fantasy.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Again, I've heard of many people who didn't enjoy this series, and I loved it when I read it a few years ago. The main impression I got of this book--trilogy, actually--was the fresh style and good quality of the writing. I think it was bashed mainly because it had that Twilight-esque feel, but having read them I can say for sure that they're worth picking up, and they'd make great movies.

So that's all for today! What about you? Any books you're itching to be turned into movies?

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with The Program and Delirium! I don't know how I forgot those on my list.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    New follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited bout the Divergent movie, too! I also think The Program would be a good one!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Katy @ a blighted one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to be done really well, so I can't wait!

      Thank you for the follow. :)

      Delete