September 15, 2013

Super Six Sunday #5

Super Six Sunday is a book meme hosted at Bewitched Bookworms

This week's topic is book to movie adaptations! Let's see if I have six for this or if I'll just have to cut it short today.

The first three have already come out and I have seen all of them:


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Okay, so I didn't love this movie adaptation. But I couldn't flat out say it was bad. It just wasn't the adaptation I was looking for. Still, I'm glad I got the chance to see it. (On another note, one of the main reasons I didn't like it was because of the cast. Other than Simon and possibly Isabelle, it was terrible.


Beautiful Creatures
I'm just going to come out and say it. I hated this movie. I hated the cast, I hated the way they transformed the book, and I hated how there was literally no character development whatsoever. But I'm putting it on this list because...because, well, I was extremely excited about it. Before it came out, that is. (Sorry to be so harsh, but I really didn't want to sugarcoat this one.)


The Hunger Games
I still haven't read the rest of the series. Don't kill me. But I did buy the book, so it's sitting on my shelf right now - I will get to it before the Catching Fire movie comes out, I promise!

The second set of three are movies I'm really anticipating and have extremely high hopes for:


The Maze Runner
I didn't love love these books the way I normally would for something similar to, say, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but I still really enjoyed them and I can't wait for the movie. Not to mention Dylan O'Brien! *faints*


Divergent
Even though the cast isn't perfect, I think this movie is going to be much better than The Mortal Instruments or Beautiful Creatures, and I can't wait. That little trailer snippet (see below)  just made it that much more exciting.




The Fault in Our Stars
If they don't perfect this movie, I'm going to be really upset. Actually, thousands of sobbing fangirls will be upset. Get it right, Josh Boone! When we received the casting I was a little sceptical, especially about Augustus, but I'm slowly warming up to the idea of Shailene and Ansel as Hazel and Augustus.

So that's all for today! What were your choices?

4 comments:

  1. I so agree with you about Beautiful Creatures - a terrible adaptation in my opinion ... which is made even worse by the fact that they had Oscar award winners in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Beautiful Creatures, I really had to force myself to push aside the books. The ending of the movie is really what made the movie a bit irritating for me. Book Lena would never be that selfless...

    Anyway, you've never read the rest of the Hunger Games series? How did you stop at just one book? LOL. I can't wait for Catching Fire. I'm still waiting for the Mortal Instruments series to end before I read those books with the brutal cliffhangers, and I just haven't gotten to the other books yet. Too many books, not enough time. Sigh...

    Thanks for posting your picks this week!

    Heather @ Bewitched Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't enjoy the movie, either. And I agree - Lena was not exactly a selfless person.

      I just bought Catching Fire, so hopefully I'll be reading it soon. :)

      Delete