September 1, 2013

Super Six Sunday #3

Super Six Sunday is a book meme hosted at Bewitched Bookworms

This week's topic is books I loved as a kid! This brings back so many good memories... :)


1. The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester - I remember getting this book from the library and reading it for the first time. If you asked me what my absolute favorite book was as a kid, this would be it. I've read it too many times to count, and every once in a while I take it out and read it again, just to bring back the memories.

2. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson - I watched the movie version of this book as a kid and loved it, so when I found out that it was a book I was ecstatic. I cry even now if I reread the book.

3. The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick - Harry Potter and Percy Jackson aside, this was one of the series I became absolutely obsessed with. I still have a few of them on my bookshelf, though I haven't read them in forever.


4. The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene - I loved all Nancy Drew books, but I remember this one being my favorite. 

5. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart - I've read all three books in this series three times each. These books were sort of a transition into more advanced reading for me. They're much bigger than regular children's books, and I just adored them.

6. Running Out Of Time by Margaret Haddix - Well, first of all, anything by Margaret Haddix is excellent. But I loved this book so much. I think I devoured it pretty quickly, and quite possibly read it over again multiple times.

These are my top six books! 
It was so hard for me to narrow it down to just three, but what about you? 

8 comments:

  1. Totally agree with A Bridge to Terabithia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! I've heard of them, but I haven't read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though they are technically children's books, I would still recommend picking up a few of them!

      Delete
  3. Great list! The Bridge to Terebithia was one I hadn't heard about until I was older so I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would still recommend it! The movie and the book break my heart (in a good way).

      Delete
  4. NANCY DREW!!! One of my fist and favourite books for me as a child =) I remember how I used to have myself sucked into the mystery for hours and hours, forgetting about lunch and dinner completely! The friendship between Nancy, Bess and George also have me envious, wish I had friends like those who'd watch my back everytime. Another childhood favourite of mine was Roald Dahl, I still have an entire collection of his books on shleves... All the memories <3

    Love your blog design, it's so cute! I'm now a proud new follower, hope to hear more from you!

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about them! I adored the books and have read quite a few of them more than once, I believe. :)

      Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check out your blog, too.

      Delete