September 21, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #7

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tygna's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

This week, I got...

Bought


Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson - I'm reading it right now and really enjoying it, though I have heard that it slowly goes downhill starting in the middle of the book. We'll see what happens.

The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White - I've been anticipating this book for a while - it was even one of my WoWs - so I'm extremely excited to read it when I get the chance! I have to say, I did read Mind Games by the same author and didn't enjoy it (actually, I gave it two stars on Goodreads), but this book looks really intriguing so I've decided to give the author another chance. :)


Last week I bought Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, but for some reason I totally forgot to put it on my most recent STS! Oops. Anyway, you all know I've neglected to finish the Hunger Games Trilogy, but now that the movie's coming out I really don't have a choice. So I will be reading it soon.

 That's my book haul for the week! What about you? 

2 comments:

  1. Lol I've neglected finishing the Hunger Games, too. I think I was a quarter of the way through Catching Fire before I got distracted by another book. I guess I'll be restarting it for the movie as well. And I've heard a ton of great things about The Chaos of Stars, so I think I'll have to take a look at that one!

    Taylor
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Kiersten White's other series. I hope Chaos of Stars is good! And now is the perfect time to catch up on Catching Fire. I've read that series twice.

    My STS:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves-26-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete