September 19, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination


Marii at The Words Written nominated me for the Liebster Award. Lots of thanks to Marii - I'm so happy that she thought to nominate me!

The Liebster Award helps blogs you enjoy who have less than 200 followers gain more, and to attract more attention so they can become discovered.

Here are the rules:
  • Link back the blogger that tagged you
  • Nominate 10 other blogs
  • Answer the questions the blogger tagged you with 
  • Let your nominees know they've been tagged

Questions from Marii:

1. What are you currently reading?
I just finished The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe and I'm going to start either A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray or Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson soon.

2. What is/are your favorite book(s) of all time?
Gosh, it's so hard to narrow it down. But I'd have to say Harry Potter and Percy Jackson come first. After that, anything by John Green, Cassandra Clare, or Sarah Dessen is excellent.

3. How did you come up with your blog's name?
Hm. This shouldn't be a difficult question, but it is. I honestly don't quite remember. I'm pretty sure it just came to me - I was making a list of blog names, Spun With Words came to my head, and I suppose I liked it the most.

4. Who are your top three book boyfriends?
Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars, Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices.

5. Do you have a favorite book quote?
Many, actually. But I guess I'll go with "A Margo for each of us--and each more mirror than window," from Paper Towns by John Green.

6. Do you have any of your own personal memes on your blog? 
No, I don't. It's a good idea, though!

7. If you could meet any author, past or present, who would it be?
John Green. Probably an overused answer, but it's overused for a good reason.

8. Have any bookish pet peeves?
Just as Marii said, I can't stand it when people dog-ear the pages. It drives me crazy. And I can't seem to bring myself to write in books, either. Treat your books like you would treat your pets. Or siblings.

9. What are your favorite genres?
I'll read anything YA, though I sometimes struggle with fantasy.

10. If you could be a character from any book, travel to any world, who would you be? Where would you go? And (again from any book) who would you bring with you?
I would be Hermione Granger, because who wouldn't want to be Hermione Granger? (Actually, that's probably a terrible question. Plenty of people would not want to be Hermione Granger.) But I do, because I adore her! I would go to Hogwarts, London, or anywhere in the wizarding world. And this is sort of off-topic, but I would bring Link from the Beautiful Creatures series because I just love him. And his character.

My questions are the same as the ones I answered!

Nominees
Leah @ Yummy Reads
Gabrielle @ IAmFandom
Katy @ a blighted one
Remy @ Books In Her Head
Crystal @ Crystal in Bookland
Jasmine @ Flip That Page
Darian @ Into the Worm's Hole
Audrey @ The Book Analyst

2 comments:

  1. Nice answers and congratulations! I would be Hermione, too!! Really, who doesn't want to go to Hogwarts? I think secretly everyone wants to go and play or watch Quidditch. And summon a Patronus and meet Dumbledore and Hagrid. Yeah, I wanna go!

    And I would totally meet John Green, or Rainbow Rowell or Gayle Forman! You need to try some fantasy. Well HP is fantasy so you already like some fantasy. But really I used to say that too, until I read Laini Taylor, Jay Kristoff, Sarah Maas.

    Hope you're enjoying blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And exactly. :) Hogwarts is the best.

      I still have yet to read anything by Rainbow Rowell, but I've heard so many good things about her! I did recently read two books by Laini Taylor and really enjoyed them, but I still struggle a bit with fantasy.

      Thanks again! I'm loving the experience so far.

      Delete