August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 8.6.13

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels, and I'm going to have to modify it. I realized, without much surprise, that most of the books I've read and loved are part of a series, and if not I was satisfied with the ending. So now it's Top Six Books. :)




1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I want to read this book over and over and over and just live in the world that Morgenstern created. I was so sad when this book was over--it was a story I wasn't ready to leave behind.

2. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
I adored this book, so when it was over I was desperate for more.

3. Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini
I didn't really like this book all that much (I admit I was drawn to it at first because of the cover), but I remember thinking it would be better if we had a sequel, or at least some more closure to the story.




4. Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
This was one of the first Sarah Dessen books I ever read, and I adored it, so I was upset when it was over.

5. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Words cannot convey how much I love this book--and how much I never wanted it to end.

6. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
Because the story has three different plot lines that tie together, we only get snippets of each character. I wouldn't mind reading more books involving the characters I only got a glimpse of through the story.

What about you? Any stories you wanted more closure from--or just more of the characters?

10 comments:

  1. I don't think I've read any of these, but I've heard such good things about My Life Next Door- it's been on my TBR forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Life Next Door was practically perfect. I wasn't expecting the it to be so good, but it definitely lived up to my expectations. I suggest picking it up the next time you go to the library/bookstore!

      Thanks for following via Bloglovin'! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow I actually haven't read any of these have to do something with that.
    PS. You have a lovely blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well and here comes a fail I added my link wrong woops. If you'd maybe want to visit my blog I'm at http://www.teabetweenbooks.blogspot.com x

      Delete
  3. Aww, I loved Keeping the Moon. Sarah Dessen is a great writer. My TTT New bloglovin follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, too. She's the queen of YA contemporary. :)

      Thanks for following! I'll be sure to check out your blog.

      Delete
  4. OMG The Night Circus! I didn't even think to put it on my list but YES! Good choice :D

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a good book. :)

      Delete
  5. I loved My Life Next Door. Maybe a sequel with one of the other members of the Garrett family as the MC? ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I wish Huntley Fitzpatrick thought of that. :)

      Delete