Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is top ten secondary characters! I'm really excited for this one. There are so many to choose from.
1. Link from Beautiful Creatures - In a book series that seems to focus on serious, life-threatening events, Link lightens up the mood. He's funny, dorky, and adorable. His humor borders on stupid, but it's cute. And in the last book, he becomes a much stronger character and really fulfilled his potential as a character.
2. Luna Lovegood the Harry Potter - She's quirky, smart, and has the best intentions of any other character in the Harry Potter Series. Harry wouldn't have done all of the things he did without her, even though she is a really minor character.
3. Tess from the Legend Trilogy - Even though she can be annoying at times, Tess is the perfect depiction of a girl who had a terrible childhood but overcame it and grew into a loving teenager. She's a good medic and an excellent friend.
4. Nico from the Heroes of Olympus - Nico may seem dark and evil, but that mainly just comes from the fact that his godly parent is Hades. He doesn't show much emotion openly, but does feel protective towards Hazel (and mourns for Bianca). I'd love to learn even more about him throughout the rest of the series. He's in both Percy Jackson and the Olympians and the Heroes of Olympus series.
5. Chuck from The Maze Runner Trilogy - Chuck is depicted as a weak character, but we find out later in the first book that he has hidden strengths. I cried when he died and missed him for the next two book after that.
6. Marlee from The Selection Trilogy - I think Marlee is probably the sweetest character I've ever read about, but she can make herself distant and cold if she wishes. She was one of the favorites for princess, but she fell in love with one of the guards, Carter, and was caught. It broke my heart to see her getting caned (15 times! I was crying.) and having her status lowered to an Eight, but I was glad to see her happy with Carter. She has extraordinary character development for a secondary character.
7. Raven from the Delirium Trilogy - Raven comes across as cold and mean, but if you ever catch her on an off day, she's quite emotional and kind. Her attachment to Tack and Blue is heartwarming. She feels strongly about what she believes in.
8. Ella from the Maximum Ride - Ella is extremely kind. She's Max's half-sister, and is around 12 or 13. You'll never find a sweeter character, except for maybe Marlee. :)
9. Jenna from the Chemical Garden Trilogy - She is the oldest of Linden's new wives, and dislikes living in the mansion with Linden just as much as Rhine does. Jenna can be described as wise and caring, but also a keeper of many secrets.
10. Christina from Divergent - She's a strong and loyal friend who is closed-off emotionally--but there's a lot under the surface that we don't see until she really befriends Tris. She isn't the strongest Dauntless but has redeeming qualities that make up for it.
What about you? Any secondary characters you love?