August 4, 2013

Super Six Sunday #2

Super Six Sunday is a book meme hosted at Bewitched Bookworms

This week's topic is series to catch up on! As sad as it is, there are more of these than there should be. But here are the main ones I still need to finish.

UNEARTHLY SERIES
Cynthia Hand
I read the first one of these and loved it but strangely enough never continued. I actually think it was because Hallowed hadn't come out yet and by the time it did I forgot what had happened in the first one (and was too lazy to reread it).

 HEROES OF OLYMPUS SERIES
Rick Riordan
This series is sort of the same deal as the Unearthly Series. But this time I devoured the first two and loved them, but by the time The Mark of Athena came out I was too lazy to reread the first two. (And if you've ever seen these series or read them, you know how big each book is.) But I will be rereading them, hopefully before House of Hades comes out this fall.

DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE SERIES
Laini Taylor
Okay, so this one doesn't quite count because I just read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I just haven't picked up Days of Blood and Starlight yet. I will. Hopefully. Soon. I'll just keep telling myself that. 
It's not that I didn't like the first one, I just have so many books to read and I guess this isn't one of my priorities.

HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY
Suzanne Collins
I know what you're thinking. "Emma, how could you possibly have not finished these yet?! It's the Hunger Games for crying out loud!"
I liked the first one. A lot. But at the time I felt like it really could have been a stand-alone book. I will be reading the rest of them before the Catching Fire movie comes out. I promise. You can hold me to that.

FAERIEWALKER SERIES
Jenna Black
I read the first two, and they were interesting enough. There really wasn't anything special about them, and the writing sort of bothered me. So when I couldn't find Sirensong at my library or the bookstore, I didn't really hunt for it. It just wasn't that important to me. I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to reading it.

 BAD GIRLS DON'T DIE SERIES
Katie Alender
As I mentioned in my most recent post, I just bought From Bad to Cursed at a used bookstore, so hopefully I'll reread Bad Girls Don't Die soon so that I can finally say I've read all of these.

 That's all for today! Any series you still need to catch up on? Have you finished any of the series that I'm still too lazy to finish myself? :P

6 comments:

  1. Oh on everyone's post except Heather's on the Bewitched Bookworms I am finding series I forgot I had that I haven't even started! I haven't started Hero's of Olympus, I need to read Days of Blood and Starlight. I have only read The Hunger Games in that series. I've only read the first book in the Faeriewalker Series and though I have them, I haven't started the Bad Girls Don't Die Series. What is Wrong with me???

    But at least I am in good company!! Great list!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah! Thanks! Thanks for following, too. I'll be sure to check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Mark of Athena so much more the the previous two. They got better each book I thought. The 4th book comes out in October(?) I believe, so you won't have to wait long to continue on with the series as least. :-) I liked the Hunger Games, but I loved Catching Fire, it was my favorite of the trilogy. I hope you enjoy your reads when you get around to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely excited to catch up on the Heroes of Olympus books. Rick Riordan is practically a god, and even though I haven't caught up yet I'm still excited for House of Hades.

      I've heard a lot of people say that Catching Fire was their favorite, so I'm not quite as hesitant to continue the series as I was before. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't started Days of Blood and Starlight yet either. Don't know why I'm waiting since Daughter of Smoke and Bone was so amazing, but I think since I listened to the audiobook I'm not sure how reading the second book will go...

    I haven't heard of the Dead Girls Don't Die series. I'm adding those to my list.

    Heather @ Bewitched Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! I'm not really sure why I'm waiting either. Hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

      I read the first one around two years ago and remember liking it, so I think they're pretty good books. :)

      Delete