August 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #4

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tygna's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

I bought two books from the bookstore this week, and made a trip to the library, too.



Bought:



Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

Borrowed:


The Diviners by Libba Bray
The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

I've heard a lot about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, so I definitely have high expectations of it. As for Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, I've seen the movie countless times. It's one of my favorites, so I'm really hoping the book is just as good as the movie, if not better.

I confess I got both library books partly (okay, mostly) because they both have gorgeous covers, but I had heard of both of them beforehand, so we'll see how they turn out.

14 comments:

  1. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and The Way We Fall are both amazing! I have a copy of The Diviners that I have yet to read, but Libba Bray is so great! I love the Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close Movie, and I can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want Ransom Riggs book SO bad!!!! I hope you enjoy it!!!

    New follower via bloglovin ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get around to reading it soon!

      Thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  3. Aweome haul! Ransom Riggs's novel is one of my favorites. I can't wait to read the sequel. :b I'm super excited for the movie too. I hope you enjoy all of your books. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many things about it, so I'm really excited! And I didn't know there was a movie. Thanks for the heads up! :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard good things about The Diviners. Happy reading!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Peregrine's is an absolute favorite of mine. I hope you enjoy it! Diviner's was really great, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots about them, so I hope so, too!

      Delete
  6. Miss Peregrine is on my wish list along with The Diviners. Both are books that I've heard great things about and I know I would enjoy them.
    I hope you enjoy your lovely books! :)

    Happy reading!

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots about them, too. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry but haven't heard about any of these books. But I hope you have fun reading them.

    Thoughts and Pens Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete