August 3, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #2

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tygna's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

This week I bought six books from various used book stores.




       



            
This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Legend by Marie Lu
Magyk by Angie Sage

I bought This Lullaby having already read it because I loved it so much I want to read it again at some point. Stargirl is what I'm reading right now--it's been recommended to me hundreds of times and each time I tried to start it I didn't like it, but now I'm halfway through and enjoying it immensely. The 5th Wave I already finished--click here for the review. :) 

Hopefully I'll be reading Legend sometime soon. It looks really good and I've skimmed the first few pages, so I'm excited for that one. I've heard lots of great things about it.

I read Bad Girls Don't Die a few years ago, but never got around the reading the second one. I'm going to reread it (I don't even remember what happens) and then read this one.

Magyk is more of a middle grade novel, but it still looks good. 

So that's my book haul for this week! Any new books you got that you're really excited for? :)


18 comments:

  1. Sarah Dessen, Stargirl, and The Fifth Wave are all amazing! I really want to read Legend and From Bad To Cursed. Magyk was one of my favorite Middle Grade series ever!!!

    ~Rem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm halfway through Stargirl and loving it! I'm excited for Magyk, too. :)

      Delete
  2. I read Stargirl when I was like 13 and I loved it, and This Lullaby is my favorite Dessen book! I've had Legend to read fr ages and I've heard amazing hings, so I may give it a go sometime soon :) Enjoy all of your books.

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving Stargirl! I hadn't gotten around to reading it but now I'm glad I did. It's so different! And I agree, all of Sarah Dessen's books are awesome but This Lullaby is probably my favorite.

      Delete
  3. Stargirl is one of my favorite novels ever. I can understand why some people find it hard to get into, but once you meet Stargirl, it's hard to tear yourself away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it so far. It's so different--then again, all Jerry Spinelli books tend to be a little different, but I really like that about him. Stargirl is so unique, and I definitely agree.

      Delete
  4. You have some of my favorite books - This Lullaby and Stargirl for sure. And Katie Alender is awesome, I def need to finish this series.

    Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished Stargirl and loved it. This Lullaby is great, too.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Following via bloglovin. You got a nice haul indeed. The Fifth Wave is suppose to be awesome. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I really enjoyed The 5th Wave.

      Delete
  6. I loved the 5th Wave! Still need to read Legend. Enjoy!

    -New Follower via GFC & Bloglovin.

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. :) I'm looking forward to Legend, too!

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  7. You know what, I have Magyk sitting on my bookshelf and completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder! Happy reading.

    New GFC follower.

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Happy reading to you, too.

      Thanks for following! I'll be sure to check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  8. I read Legend a couple weeks ago and could hardly put it down! I'll have to get Prodigy soon :) I just got my copy of The 5th Wave today and after reading all those rave reviews I'm very curious about it!
    Enjoy all your books, and thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to start it! The 5th Wave was really good. :)

      Thank you, and no problem!

      Delete
  9. Nice Haul! 5th Wave and magyk are both on my to-read. Enjoy and Happy Reading!
    Here were my new additions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love This Lullaby, Stargirl and Legend! I need to read the other 3 soon... :)

    ReplyDelete