August 23, 2013

Let's Talk: Series Endings


Let's Talk is a weekly feature hosted by I Swim For Oceans. It's a discussion post with questions or prompts that have to do with books and reading (what else?). :)



What do you consider to be the best (and worst) series endings?


The ending for Sever by Lauren DeStefano has to be one of the best endings to a series (or rather, a trilogy) I've ever read. In fact, when I finished the book, I reread the last few paragraphs a couple times. And then a couple times more. But even the entirety of the ending was good, not just the last few paragraphs. Everything was tied up and there was just enough information to give us room to imagine our own endings.

Okay, so this is technically a two-book series, but it still counts. I loved If I Stay by Gayle Forman--it was a quick read, but still touching, and the cliffhanger ending actually had some closure to it. I would've been very happy without a sequel. But, alas, there was a sequel, so of course I had to read it. And compared to the first book, it was terrible. The ending, too. So do yourself a favor and just read the first one.

Any sequels or final books you didn't enjoy? Leave comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment