August 30, 2013

Let's Talk: Inspirational Characters


Let's Talk is a weekly feature hosted by I Swim For Oceans. It's a discussion post with questions or prompts that have to do with books and reading (what else?). :)



Who are some of your favourite inspirational characters and why?


I realize this is quite an odd pairing of books--not only their genres contrast, but also the messages. Still, I think these are the right choices.

Kendra from Perfect Escape - This girl just keeps chugging on through life. It's hard having an older brother with OCD, but it's even harder to force him out of his comfort zone to go on a spontaneous road-trip that wasn't even approved by their parents. I didn't exactly love this book, but I couldn't help admiring Kendra for her perseverance.

Cassie from The 5th Wave - Cassie's life is terrible, to put it bluntly. But for whatever reason, she continues. Despite the (possible) end of the human race, despite all the lies that clutter her life, despite the evil that has infected the world and her family, despite the fact that she's alone. Cassie has something that many people don't--strength.

Hudson from Bittersweet - Hudson is the type of girl who's going to set a goal and meet it. She's going to achieve her dreams because she knows exactly what she wants. This is definitely something that's not always easy, and I admire her ability to do it with a lot less effort than it would take me.

What about you? Any characters that inspire you?

2 comments:

  1. I will not talk about Cassie, because well - I didn't finish the book and she had a part to play in that, but I loved Hudson. Well, she did gave up on her dream if I remember well, but I still like her nonetheless. She can inspire with how hard she works to achieve what she wants, and I loved her sassy voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved The 5th Wave, so I'm sad to hear that you didn't finish it. But I do agree, I was slightly annoyed at Cassie sometimes.

      Hudson was a good character too. Even though she did give up, I felt like it didn't matter because either way she was just so hard-working.

      Delete