August 16, 2013

Let's Talk: Books I Wish Had Sequels


Let's Talk is a weekly feature hosted by I Swim For Oceans. It's a discussion post with questions or prompts that have to do with books and reading (what else?). :)



Which books do you wish didn't have sequels (or vice-versa)?

Because there was a Top Ten Tuesday about books I wish had sequels, I'm going to do a few books I wish didn't have sequels, not vise-versa.

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I read The Hunger Games a year ago and really loved it, but I was extremely satisfied with the ending, and didn't feel that there was anything else to write about. I haven't read Catching Fire or Mockingjay (though I probably will eventually) because of this.

2. If I Stay by Gayle Foreman - I did end up reading the sequel to this book, Where She Went, but I didn't really enjoy it all that much. And I was happy with the ending of If I Stay, even though it was somewhat of a cliffhanger. 

3. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer - I read this a long time ago but I remember liking it a lot, and I know there are a few sequels, but I never got around to reading them. I'm not sure if they're really worth my time.

4. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - This is the same deal I have with Life As We Knew It. I liked it, but I'm not sure if reading the sequels is worth it or not. 

What about you? Any books you think would have worked better as stand-alones?

No comments:

Post a Comment