July 27, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #1

Stacking the Shelves is a feature hosted by Tygna's Reviews. It's about sharing the books you got this week--virtual or physical--from the bookstore, the library, borrowed from friends, etc.

This week I went to the library and picked up these three books:


I've read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and absolutely loved it, so I thought The Future of Us would be a good idea. 


Similarly, I've also read the other three books Sarah Ockler has written and felt the same way about them as I did about Thirteen Reasons Why. This is her website. I suggest you check it out if you haven't already! 


The Luxe was a book I've heard good and bad things about. I decided to give it a try, but I'm not sure if I'll like it or not.

I'll be reviewing all three of these if I enjoy them and get around to it. :)

I'm hoping to finish the assigned summer reading I have by tonight so I can get started on The Book of Broken Hearts. I'll actually be reading that one (and the other two, hopefully) for the Beat the Heat Readathon--which I blogged about a few days ago--that starts Monday.


7 comments:

  1. I also recently got The Book of Broken Hearts and it really looks good so can't wait to read and see what all this hype about Sarah Ockler is about :)

    -Mari @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it either! And yeah, she's a pretty good author. She reminds me of Sarah Dessen...not sure if you've ever read anything by her. My favorite book by her is probably Bittersweet, but I like her other books too. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these but have them all in my high school media center. I hope you enjoy them. Come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard nothing but great things about The Book of Broken Hearts. I hope you'll enjoy that one! :D
    Happy reading!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started reading it and I love it! The writing is so natural. Sarah Ockler is a good author. :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice sweetie. Heard good things about Jay Asher's books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's an excellent writer.

      Delete